Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty side dish.
Make and share this Broccoli With Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broccoli, water and bouillon to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Drain and place in serving dish; keep warm.
- In a skillet, saute almonds in margarine until browned.
- Add onion and salt; saute until onion is tender.
- Pour over broccoli; toss to coat.
Nice, tasty way to dress up broccoli, and easy, too! Liked the crunch of the almonds. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.