Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A delicious side dish featuring broccoli.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions (such as French's)
- Place broccoli florets and 1/3 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; remove and drain any liquid.
- In small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Cook 3 minutes, until golden, swirling pan to prevent burning.
- Stir in almonds.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Add onions and toss.
Wonderful! This is so easy to make, and sooo delicious! A definite make again recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Very good and very quick to make! I didn't have sliced almonds so I used chopped almonds. I like the combo of the onions with the broccoli and the browned butter was just enough to give it flavor but not drown it is sauce. Made for Best of 2010 Cookbook Tag.