Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
A change in taste with broccoli, very nice, from Cooking light. I sprinkled a few sliced almonds on top, added to the nutty flavour.
- 1419.54 ml chopped fresh broccoli
- 78.07 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml finely chopped almonds
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes, and drain.
- rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Place the broccoli in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, almonds, basil, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, and sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the broccoli.
- Bake at 450F degrees for 15 minutes or until the topping is golden.
I made this at work, it was quick and tasty but I thought it a bit dry in the mouth. I will certainly make it again, but I'm going to mix a couple of tablespoons of melted butter through the crumb mix. UPDATE: I made this again, and added the butter to the mix as I planned-I think it worked really well this time.
We had this for supper tonight and enjoyed it very much. I added the butter as recommended by Jan and it was very moist and flavorful! A nice change for the taste of broccoli! I liked the almonds! Thanks for sharing, Dorothy!
This was quite a different change from the steamed broccoli I typically serve, and I liked it very much. I microwaved the broccoli at first rather than steamed it, which worked just fine. I also had to leave out the almonds due to a nut-phobic teenage son (I just added some extra parmesan to make up for it). Very easy to prepare, very tasty, and I will make it again!