Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A beautifully tasty vegetable dish with a surprising twist.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 3–4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and tip into serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing into the drained broccoli and serve.
I made a few changes to the recipe, but nothing major. After I drained the veggies I put the oil in the pan and infused it with the garlic. Then I put the broccoli/carrots back in and added about 1 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice and a few shakes of lemon pepper seasoning and tossed it all together just to heat it through. (I would recommend tasting it before adding more lemon juice) It was delicious and I will make this again. Thx for sharing English Rose.
This was tasty and fresh. I wish I would have used less lemon because some at the table said it was too strong.