Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Creamy Comfort Food Goodness
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 cup onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 ounces broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup raw wild rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets Herb-ox very-low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray casserole with nonstick spray.
- Add wild rice, water & herb ox chicken bullion, stir.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours until wild rice pops open.
- In Stock Pot,.
- Melt butter with onion until tender.
- Add flour to make rue.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until melted.
- Add wild rice and steamed Broccoli.
- Heat to desired temp and serve.