Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have had a dish similar to this at a restaurant in the past and enjoyed it. So, when I saw this recipe in the 2008 Christmas copy of BBC Good Magazine I wanted to jot it down.
- 7 ounces penne pasta
- 8 1⁄2 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese, creamy variety
- lemon juice, to serve
- Cook penne pasta according to packet directions.
- When there is four minutes remaining in the pasta cooking time throw in the broccoli florets.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and add chopped walnuts and fry gently for 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta, adding 4 tablespoons cooking water to the walnuts.
- Return the pasta to the pan, add the walnuts and creamy blue cheese, cubed.
- Gently stir on the heat, just to melt the cheese.
- Squeeze over lemon juice to serve.
Very good, and out of the daily routine for sure... I didn't have any greens at home, but I added chicken.