I have had a dish similar to this at a restaurant in the past and enjoyed it. So, when I saw this recipe in the 2008 Christmas copy of BBC Good Magazine I wanted to jot it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook penne pasta according to packet directions.
- 2When there is four minutes remaining in the pasta cooking time throw in the broccoli florets.
- 3Meanwhile, heat olive oil and add chopped walnuts and fry gently for 1 minute.
- 4Drain the pasta, adding 4 tablespoons cooking water to the walnuts.
- 5Return the pasta to the pan, add the walnuts and creamy blue cheese, cubed.
- 6Gently stir on the heat, just to melt the cheese.
- 7Squeeze over lemon juice to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Walnut & Blue Cheese Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.4
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 731.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 24.2 g