Broccoli w/ Sesame Seeds & Red Pepper Flakes
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Toast sesame seeds in heavy small skillet over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
- Place remaining sesame seeds in mortal and pestle.
- Add salt and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper; grind coarsely.
- Set sesame-red pepper mixture aside.
- Ten minutes before serving, put broccoli in a microwave safe covered dish.
- Cook for 2 minutes and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add oil, 1 tablespoon reserved sesame seeds, remaining 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and 2 teaspoons sesame-red pepper mixture; toss to combine.
- Serve, passing remaining sesame-red pepper mixture separately.