Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My wife and I collaborated to come up with this recipe. I really like it..and hope you do too.
- 1 stalk broccoli, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium fresh tomato, peeled & cut into wedges
- red bell pepper (optional)
- fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Place all vegetables in frying pan.
- Pour about 1/2 cup (more or less) of vinaigrette (I like Italian or Greek) salad dressing over vegetables.
- Turn up to high heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn down to low heat.
- Cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until your desired tenderness is reached.
- There will be additional liquid accumulated after cooking.
- You can drain vegetables with a slatted spoon or serve with all the juices (I like all the juices remaining).
Easy to make and very tasty!
My husband and I both really liked this dish. Very easy and such simple ingredients. I am sure I will make it again - maybe with different vegetables too.
I made this with broccoli fresh from the garden, onion, mushrooms and red pepper. The colour combination worked well. I used a non creamy Caeser dressing ( golden)and it was great. With a garden full of broccoli I will definately make again. Many thanks.