Recipe by weekend cooker
an adapted recipe, with some changes, a good dish that the kids will love.
Top Review by Annacia
I made half of this for Sunday brunch and it came out delicious. I ended up using a bit of the broccoli mix and a bit of cream of leek and they were great together. Lots of flavor and a really nice texture. So glad that I tried this! :D
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, without the stems
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope cream of broccoli soup mix
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt margarine, and saute onion. Add broccoli and 1 tablespoon water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, on low heat for 5 minutes, until tender crisp, but still green.
- IN a separate large bowl, whisk eggs, soup mix, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Fold in broccoli-cheese mixture.
- Pour into buttered 10 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until center is set.
- Take out of oven , let sit for 5 minutes, before cutting into pie wedges.