Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My little girl calls my broccoli cheese soup "broccoli trees" soup. I've been working on nailing this down, and after a few tries finally hit upon the mix that my family really enjoys.
- Pour broth and chopped broccoli into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Add heavy cream (fewer carbs and richer flavor). Return to boil, then simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add butter and stir to melt.
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup cold water and mix in to soup.
- Stir constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add cheddar cheese (I used mild, and finely shredded so it would melt quickly.).
- Serve hot and enjoy!