KT Scarlet's Note:
My little girl calls my broccoli cheese soup "broccoli trees" soup. I've been working on nailing this down, and after a few tries finally hit upon the mix that my family really enjoys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour broth and chopped broccoli into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- 2Add heavy cream (fewer carbs and richer flavor). Return to boil, then simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add butter and stir to melt.
- 4Mix flour with 1/4 cup cold water and mix in to soup.
- 5Stir constantly for about 1 minute.
- 6Add cheddar cheese (I used mild, and finely shredded so it would melt quickly.).
- 7Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Trees Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.2 mg
- Sodium 1116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.4 g