Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad is best made the day before so that the flavors really intensify. Peas, carrots, bacon, raisins and a wonderful dressing really add to this delicious recipe.
- 9 slices bacon
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup packaged shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, then crumble .
- Meanwhile cook tortellini according to package directions adding broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking and peas during last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, parsley and pepper.
- Stir together onion, carrots, raisins, bacon and tortellini, add to dressing mixture and toss until well combined.
- Refrigerate until serving time.