Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe and thought it was a great farmers market salad, when all the ingredient are fresh. Chilling time is the cooking time.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- lettuce leaf
- For the Dressing: Blend all ingredients except sour cream in a blender.
- Add sour cream and stir until blended.
- Chill, before serving.
- Makes 2 cups.
- For the Salad: Wash the broccoli thoroughly.
- Remove the florets, use stalks for another dish.
- Cook florets in boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, or use a steamer.
- Drain well. Cool.
- Pour 1 cup dressing over broccoli and tomato wedges.
- Stir to coat.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
- Chill 2-3 hours.
- Serve with additional dressing on the side.