Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
DH and I enjoyed this recipe from the March 2013 "Vegetarian Times" last night. We used Quick and Easy Pizza Crust 443456, which we often do, for the crust and made our own pesto. Since we used our own crust, we baked less time than the recipe specifies. You can roast the broccoli while the tomatoes are roasting so make sure you read steps 1 and 2 at the same time.
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) packageprepared whole wheat pizza dough, at room temperature (or make your own)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F Line baking sheet with foil. Place tomato halves cut side up on baking sheet. Insert 2 slices of garlic in each tomato half; sprinkle with oregano. Roast 30 minutes.
- Toss together broccoli, onion, and oil in baking dish. Roast 20 minutes, or until tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 10-inch circle. Transfer to baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Spread pesto on crust; sprinkle with cheese. Top with vegetables, leaving 2-inch rim. Fold 1 inch of crust edge inward. Reduce oven temperature to 375F; bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Store/Serve: Cool, wrap in foil, and refrigerate up to 2 days, or freeze 1 month. Reheat 15 minutes at 350F before serving (thaw first if frozen).