Recipe by Cookinggina
Taste of Home Holiday Celebrations 2001. These are colorful easy sides to make holiday time a little easier. Enjoy!
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving shell intact. (Discard pulp or save for another use.)
- Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- Steam or boil broccoli until crisp-tender; set aside.
- Brush inside of tomatoes with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Stuff broccoli into tomatoes.
- Toss breadcrumbs with remaining butter and sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Place in ungreased baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated.
- Times are estimates. I usually don't watch the clock when I'm cooking! :).