This luscious dish combines tofu and broccoli in a sherry "creme" sauce with spectacular results! From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 12 ounces tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (medium or firm)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- 4Cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces and arrange in prepared pan.
- 5Place tofu between towels and gently squeeze out the excess water.
- 6Place tofu on top of broccoli.
- 7Place flour in a small bowl and add a few tablespoons of milk, stirring to form a paste.
- 8Gradually add remaining milk, stirring.
- 9Melt margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 10Add milk mixture.
- 11Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar cheese, mustard, onion flakes, sherry, salt and pepper.
- 13Spoon sauce evenly over tofu and broccoli.
- 14Combine wheat germ and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over top.
- 15Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- 16Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Tofu Divan
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 16.7 g