Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A different veggie side dish from our local grocery store. They are actually mini crustless broccoli quiches and therefore low carb.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 asiago cheese
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In large kettle or Dutch oven, bring 3 quarts water to a boil, add broccoli.
- Return to a boil, until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and immediately plunge in icy water to halt cooking,until cold, then drain well.
- Reserve 8 small florets for garnish.
- In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute shallots until transparent, around 5 minutes, cool slightly.
- In food processor bowl, puree broccoli and shallot and butter mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
- Can refrigerate this mixture until you are ready to bake.
- Butter 8 (6 oz) ramekins or custard cups, or disposable foil cupcake size cups.
- Divide pureed mixture evenly among ramekins.
- Arrange ramekins in 9 X 13 baking pan, filling pan with boiling water to reach halfway up ramekins.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in 325* preheated oven until knife in center comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- To serve, run knife around edge of cups, invert on dinner plate.
- Garnish each with a cooked broccoli floret.