Recipe by Ms. Mother Earth
This recipe I believe originated with The Barefoot Contessa, so we have to continue to give her the credit. I've roasted lots of different veggies but never broccoli----this is the only way I will prepare it from now on. It is just that good! The quantity is flexible, just adjust the ingredients to match the amount of broccoli you're roasting.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Absolutely delicious! The lemon zest and juice really brightens the flavor and the addition of pine nuts and parmesan cheese really compliments the broccoli as well. This may just become my favorite way to make broccoli. Good thing it was only the two of us or we might have had a fight on our hands! We were nice and shared. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 2 lbs dry broccoli florets, relatively big ones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced or chopped)
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Spread broccoli on a cookie sheet or I prefer a jelly roll pan.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic & S&P.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, I tossed once, until crisp tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- While the broccoli is roasting toast the pine nuts and zest the lemon.
- Now comes the yummy part! Remove the broccoli from oven and toss with the lemon zest and squeeze the lemon juice over it.
- You can add a little more EVOO at this time if necessary (I didn't).
- Toss broccoli with the pine nuts and parmesan cheese. I even love it cold!