Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe I believe originated with The Barefoot Contessa, so we have to continue to give her the credit. I've roasted lots of different veggies but never broccoli----this is the only way I will prepare it from now on. It is just that good! The quantity is flexible, just adjust the ingredients to match the amount of broccoli you're roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425. Spread broccoli on a cookie sheet or I prefer a jelly roll pan.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic & S&P.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, I tossed once, until crisp tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- While the broccoli is roasting toast the pine nuts and zest the lemon.
- Now comes the yummy part! Remove the broccoli from oven and toss with the lemon zest and squeeze the lemon juice over it.
- You can add a little more EVOO at this time if necessary (I didn't).
- Toss broccoli with the pine nuts and parmesan cheese. I even love it cold!