Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful broccoli casserole that is loaded with cheese! Tip: try not to leave out the hot sauce, it gives the casserole so much extra flavor.
Top Review by sarikat
Excellent and tasty recipe, thanks! This easily served ten people. I follwed the recipe to the letter except for the bacon topping (sadly, my bacon was bad and I had to cover the casserole with parmesan cheese instead). The texture was nice and firm as well. Also, I added the hot sauce to the cottage cheese mixture to evenly distribute the flavor. I will definitely make this again.
- 5 cups fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 4 drops hot sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-ich baking pan.
- Cook the broccoli florets, covered in a small amount of boiling water for 7-8 minutes, or until firm-tender (don't overcook); drain well.
- In a food processor, or an electric blender, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, butter and flour until smooth; set aside.
- Combine the broccoli, corn, Swiss cheese, chopped onion, salt, pepper, hot sauce (if using); mix well to combine.
- Stir in the cottage cheese mixture and the 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Transfer into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- **NOTE**1/8- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper may be subsituted for the hot sauce, but the hot sauce is definately better!