Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really, really good!
Make and share this Broccoli Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- Saute onions, celery, and broccoli in butter.
- Mix with soups diluted with milk, cooked rice, and 2/3 of grated cheese.
- Turn into buttered 9 x 13 inch or 2 quart casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This was a really good all-in-one casserole dish. And if you have any leftover chicken or turkey to use up, this would be a great recipe to toss it into for a more rounded meal. But as written, I think the recipe was just bit on the bland side and could benefit from a little seasoning---perhaps garlic and oregano or basil (or both?). Also, the 2 soup-cans of milk was just too much. The outcome was a rather soupy consistency. But it did taste wonderful, so I will definitely make this again with some seasonings and less milk (1 can should be enough, I think). Overall, this is definitely worth keeping and experimenting with various seasoning combinations. And it could have been an issue with my oven, but baking for 1 hour at 350 was too much. I checked my dish after 35 minutes of baking, and the cheese on top had already begun to burn. Another 25 minutes would definitely have been too much. But like I said, that could easily have been a quirk with my oven and not an issue with the recipe itself.