1/2 Photos of Broccoli Stuffed Vidalia Onions
Adapted from the Peachtree Bouquet cookbook put out by the Junior League of DeKalb County, Ga. This can be partially prepared ahead. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium vidalia onions (or other sweet onions)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1Peel and halve the onions. Parboil in salted water for 12 minutes. Remove centers, leaving about 3/4" edges. Place onion cups in a 13x9x2" pan.
- 2Chop the center portions which were removed from the onions to equal about 1 cup.
- 3Cook broccoli to package directions; drain.
- 4Combine chopped onion, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spoon into the onion cups.
- 5Note: at this point the onions can be refrigerated until ready to bake.
- 6Melt butter; blend in the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder(if using). Add milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat and blend in softened cream cheese. Spoon sauce over the onions; bake, uncovered, at 375*F. for 20 minutes.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Stuffed Vidalia Onions
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 347.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g