Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Awesome recipe from my NEW favorite cookbook, Student's GO VEGAN Cookbook. Non-vegans, feel free to add some grated sharp cheddar or parmesan to the filling before you re-stuff the potato skin. This recipe serves one, but can easily be doubled or tripled. And, feel free to microwave the potatoes if you are short on time.
- 1 russet potato
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml broccoli, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub your potato and pierce the skin in 1-2 places with a knife.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until the inside is soft.
- Remove potato from oven and lower heat to 350.
- While the potato cools, add olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to a medium saucepan.
- Saute for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add broccoli and toss with the garlicky olive oil.
- Add water, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Cut cooled potato in half lenghtwise.
- Scoop out the middle, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato around the skin.
- Add the scooped out potato to the broccoli mixture, and blend with a fork until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refill the potato shell with the mixture and palce on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.