1 hr 30 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Awesome recipe from my NEW favorite cookbook, Student's GO VEGAN Cookbook. Non-vegans, feel free to add some grated sharp cheddar or parmesan to the filling before you re-stuff the potato skin. This recipe serves one, but can easily be doubled or tripled. And, feel free to microwave the potatoes if you are short on time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Scrub your potato and pierce the skin in 1-2 places with a knife.
- 3Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until the inside is soft.
- 4Remove potato from oven and lower heat to 350.
- 5While the potato cools, add olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to a medium saucepan.
- 6Saute for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- 7Add broccoli and toss with the garlicky olive oil.
- 8Add water, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- 9Cut cooled potato in half lenghtwise.
- 10Scoop out the middle, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato around the skin.
- 11Add the scooped out potato to the broccoli mixture, and blend with a fork until combined.
- 12Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Refill the potato shell with the mixture and palce on a baking sheet.
- 14Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Stuffed Twice-Baked Potato
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g