Recipe by Engrossed
From Martha Green's Cooking Things on our local public radio.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
A great recipe for any onion-lover, I reduced this recipe to only three onions, I also added in a little garlic powder and used seasoned salt and lots ground black pepper, this was wonderful, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 6 medium Spanish onions, peeled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepan, parboil onions in salted water for 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- Cook broccoli according to directions. Drain.
- Cut tops off onions. Remove centers of onions (reserve), leaving 3/4-inch edges. Place hollowed onions in baking dish.
- Chop onion centers; combine with broccoli, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spoon into onion shells.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, blend in flour and brown. Add salt and milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and blend in cream cheese. Spoon over stuffed onions.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.