Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful-tasting recipe for stuffed chicken breast, careful not to over cook as they will become dry.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or less)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking pan or med size baking dish.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in thickness.
- Combine poultry seasoning, pepper, curry powder, garlic powder and salt; sprinkle over chicken.
- Combine broccoli and cheese; place half in the center of each chicken breast; fold long sides over filling; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down, in a baking pan; add broth.
- Cover pan loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; baste the chicken with pan juices.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer, or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired.
Excellent! Next time we will reduce the poultry seasoning but other wise, it was perfect! Thanks again Kittencal!
This was really good. I made as stated except I bought a package of Real crumbled Peppered Bacon and added some to the broccoli & Cheese stuffing. Yumm
Kit - this is a wonderful family meal anytime of the week. It is even pretty enough to serve to company! I adjusted the poultry seasoning down to 1 tsp and omitted the curry powder as it is not a favorite of the family. Left everything else as written and it was perfectly done. Served with some brown rice and we were set! Thanks so much for sharing!! Glad I tagged this in 123 Hits.