Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I adapted to my family's tastes.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in 2 T. olive oil over medium high heat until almost done. Remove from pan. Thaw spinach and drain and press out excess water.
- Using same pan add last of olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, cream and milk to onions. Whisk well for 30 seconds. Bring to boil stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium/low and simmer sauce until slightly thickened.
- Add broccoli, spinach, 1 cup cheese and sauce in large bowl. Stir until well mixed and pour into 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake until edges are bubbly and middle is hot. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
I really liked this! I had it when my family came over, and we agreed it was very tasty. It ended up being a little too watery, but I might have used too much oil. I will definitely make this again!