Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
I found this recipe at BetterHomesandGardens.com but made a few changes to it and we thought it was super easy and really good! Kinda weird that it has beans in the sauce because if you know me very well you not I'm not a bean person.
- 6 ounces dried linguine
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (white kidney beans)
- 1 (10 ounce) containerlight alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup crouton, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return pasta mixture to pan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor combine beans, Alfredo sauce, and reserved pasta water; cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Spoon sauce onto serving plates. Top with pasta mixture, crushed croutons and crushed red pepper flakes. Makes 4 servings.