Recipe by C & D's Mommy
Pasta with broccoli. If you make it with whole wheat pasta, or the enriched white stuff it's even healthier for you--!
- 454 g whole wheat spaghetti, cooked according to package directions (*will need to add broccoli to cooking pasta ~ see below* )
- 4 slices lean bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 700 ml spaghetti sauce (of your choice)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh is best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, cook bacon slices till crisp, drain and then crumble. (I find that if I cut the bacon up into small pieces prior to cooking, then you don't have to worry about crumbling hot bacon.).
- Return bacon to pan after crumbling, and add onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and heat to boiling. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets to spaghetti noodles for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and broccoli. Toss well with the sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.