1/1 Photo of Broccoli Spaghetti
steve in FL's Note:
I got this from an Italian co-worker after having it at a work pot-luck. The flavor is really intense, and this can be served as either a side-dish or a meatless meal-in-itself. You can really use any type of pasta you prefer, I first had it with spaghetti, so that's always my preference. Really easy recipe. Edited: Psst.. please use real garlic, not the chopped stuff in the jar.. I repeat - use FRESH GARLIC, not the stuff in the jar, else you will be doomed to a bland result with no flavor. If made as directed, you will have a robustly flavorful pasta dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the broccoli fine and add it to a sauce pan.
- 2Add garlic, olive oil, pepper and the water and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- 4Break up the broccoli as it cooks so that the end result is a mushy, slightly chunky green sauce.
- 5You may need to add more water or oil to keep it at a 'wet', pourable consistency if the liquid evaporates too quickly. You basically want it to be the thickness of a tomato pasta sauce. Add salt to taste; I only add the salt at the end, because if you do so earlier on, the saltiness may become more intense when the mixture reduces.
- 6Serve over cooked spaghetti. Sprinkle with parm if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g