Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another great recipe from FILIPPO BERIO Olive Oil
- 2 bunches broccoli (about 3 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup filippo berio olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced (this sounds like a lot, but it mellows beautifully with slow-cooking)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups good-quality vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- toasted slices French bread, for serving
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Cut off the broccoli florets and chop them. Trim off the bottom 2 inches of each stem, peel them, and thinly slice. Combine the broccoli, oil, garlic, thyme, broth, wine, and lemon juice in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Puree the soup with a handheld immersion blender or transfer to a food processor or blender and puree in batches. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls, passing the toast and Parmesan cheese.