1/1 Photo of Broccoli Soup With Cheddar Cheese
This is a nice soup from Bon Appetit. Be sure to use fresh tarragon for the best flavor. This soup is not thick and creamy, so sometimes I puree half of it for a creamier texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy medium pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add broccoli stems and onion; sauté until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and tarragon; sauté 1 minute.
- 4Add stock; bring to boil.
- 5Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in cream.
- 7Mix remaining 3 tablespoons butter with flour in small bowl to make paste.
- 8Whisk paste into soup.
- 9Add broccoli florets.
- 10Simmer until soup thickens and florets are tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- 11(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly, then refrigerate uncovered until cold. Cover and keep refrigerated. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- 12Preheat broiler.
- 13Place 6 ovenproof soup bowls on baking sheet.
- 14Divide soup among bowls.
- 15Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese over each.
- 16Broil until cheese melts and bubbles around edges, about 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Soup With Cheddar Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.0
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 753.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 21.8 g