- 2 cups broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli, then chop into small pieces.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and saute 1 cup onion to soften .
- Slowly add flour, stirring so as not to scorch.
- Slowly add the milk, then the broccoli and cheese.
- At this point if you would like cooked diced ham or diced cooked bacon could be added. Also, sometimes I add 1/2 cup diced celery and carrot. Whatever you do DO NOT boil.
- Just before serving add the salt.