Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fast, easy and nutritious soup. I sometimes add carrots or cauliflower for something different. You could probably add just about anything you have and end up with a different soup every time.
- 1 bunch broccoli (leave small stems)
- 1 (12 ounce) can lite evaporated milk
- 1 cup broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients EXCEPT MILK and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes and broccoli are soft. Add a bit more broth if it evaporates too much.
- With a slotted spoon, take vegetables out of soup and put into food processor or blender and puree. If you like to leave some chunks of vegetables, mash with a potato masher to the consistency your liking.
- Add the evaporated milk, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat through and serve.
Great!!! My kids even ASK me to make this! I added 1 to 2 Tablespoons each of chopped red bell pepper and grated carrot, more for color than flavor. I also ran out of evaporated milk and used 1/2% milk instead, soup still turned out great! I didn't puree the vegetables, instead I used a potato masher to crush them right in the pan into a coarser texture than the puree would have been.
This was fast, easy and healthy, but I didn't care for the consistency. It was more like a thick baby food, not a soup. The flavor was OK, but maybe needed more liquid. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much. A good recipe which I enjoyed.