Recipe by Prrs4me
Full of vitamins and fiber, this delicious soup is the ideal first course for a cold winter night. Also makes a filling main course with some fresh crusty bread
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth, canned
- 1⁄2 cup milk, 1% lowfat
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice broccoli stems. Chop flowerets; set both aside.
- In skillet saute onions, carrots and garlic in oil 10 minutes or until carrots are softened. Add broth and broccoli; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooked vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables and liquid in food processor. Blend until smooth. Return to saucepan with reserved vegetables. Stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through.