This is a GREAT healthy recipe from Dr. Weil. My family LOVES this recipe. Enjoy!
Make and share this Broccoli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the chopped broccoli, garlic and ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat.
- After the broccoli has cooled slightly, puree it in a food processor or blender. Return it to the sauce pan.
- Add the soy milk or skim milk and soy sauce. Warm over low heat.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped red onion.
I liked this recipe. I was looking for a way to use up a large bag of broccoli. I also used chicken broth instead of veggie broth. Additionally, I cooked the onions in olive oil. I added salt at the end and a bit more chicken broth to tone down the ginger. I rated 4 stars because in our house, I will be the only one eating this. Overall good and healthy.
We loved this broccoli soup! made for lunch today, just right for a gray rainy day. Very flavourful, loved the touch of ginger. I made a double batch so we could have it for lunch again tomorrow. Used chicken broth instead of veggie and 2% milk, also added the red onion in with the broccoli and topped it off with a little grated cheddar. Used my "motor boat" to puree it , so there were a few lumps left, which we like. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I will be making it again.