Recipe by Sky Hostess
I have had this recipe for years and don't even remember where I got it. It is great on a cool fall evening served with fresh, hot bread. The evaporated milk is my substitute for cream. It works great in all kinds of cream soups. The recipe kind of cheats a little by using canned soup but the end result is quite flavorful!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, peppper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until translucent.
- Add chicken broth, potato soup, and broccoli.
- Simmer on low approximately 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture with a hand blender (stick blender) until smooth.
- Add cheese, evaporated milk, and seasonings. Heat - do not boil. Enjoy!