1/2 Photos of Broccoli Smashed Potatoes
Nana Lee's Note:
Recipe from: 12 Best Foods Cookbook, by Dana Jacobi (Cookbook Heaven at Recipelink.com) Even youngsters will love this dish, an unexpected way to enjoy a whole cup of broccoli. LOVE these blended recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes in a deep saucepan and cover with cold water to a depth of 2-inches.
- 2Cook uncovered over high heat until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
- 3While the potatoes cook, steam the broccoli and leek until the broccoli is very soft, about 15 minutes, drain.
- 4Drain the potatoes and place them in a deep bowl.
- 5Using a sturdy fork, mash the potatoes into roughly 1-inch chunks.
- 6Add the broccoli and leek, mashing until only small lumps of the broccoli remain.
- 7Add the milk, 2 tablespoons at a time, mashing until the texture is pleasing to you.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until it is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, taking care it does not burn then stir in the mace.
- 10To serve, spoon the smashed potatoes into a serving bowl.
- 11With the back of the spoon, smooth the top, leaving several shallow indentations.
- 12Drizzle the butter, letting it pool in the hollows.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g