Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This sweet, crunchy salad uses bagged broccoli slaw as a base so it is very quick to put together. For best results you should refrigerate for about 6 hours prior to serving to soften the noodles so make sure to plan ahead and make it the night before or first thing in the morning.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, beef flavored packets reserved
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli, slaw
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and flavor packets, shaking well to mix.
- Add the broccoli slaw, shaking well to coat.
- Break the ramen noodles apart by hand into bite size pieces over the broccoli slaw mix. Shake well to mix the noodles with the dressing and slaw.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, shaking the bag occasionally to redistribute the mixture.
- Just before serving transfer the salad to a serving bowl and toss in the almonds, sunflower seeds and mandarin oranges.