Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic recipe that you will enjoy as well as your family and guests! This is perfect for a get together, pot lucks, and for no resson at all! And...you don't have to tell them it's made with reduced fat mayonnaise! If you can't find Craisins(dried cranberries) you can use regular rasins or the sweet golden raisins. Just soak them in warm water for a few minutes, so that they plump up. If you can't find the broccoli slaw already prepared and packaged up, you can shred /chop /shred your own broccoli. This came from the inter-net, author unknown.
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix (pre-packaged)
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 large red apples or 1 large green apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes or 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed (to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli slaw, chicken, fruits and nuts.
- In another small bowl mix mayonnaise, milk, honey, lemon juice, salt and celery seed, then pour over the broccoli mixture and toss until blended.
- Serve it chilled.
Made this last week-end to take to my family . I made it Friday night and did all except add the apple and grapes. Added them the next morning after I got there and let it chill for the day until dinner time. Great salad !!
oh this is wonderful, as soon as I saw this I knew it would be a winner and it is! I used a small package of prepared broccoli slaw and I also added in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to the dressing and increased the honey, since it is still in my fridge I won't add in the grapes until I am ready to serve it as the grapes tend to make the salad watery, wonderful recipe and one I will make again, thanks for sharing Fluff!