Recipe by Dona England
I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen - a favorite blog for foodies. I love this recipe. I made it twice this week.
Top Review by Stacey in BG!!!
Found this - made immediately as I had all the ingredients on hand - except buttermilk - so I used greek 0% fat yogurt 1st. I loved it! Can hardly wait for breakfast to eat more! YUMMO!
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim broccoli and cut it into small pieces.
- Toss the sliced broccoli with the almonds, cranberries and red onion in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients - buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, sugar and shallots ( or use finely chopped red onion in the dressing ).
- Add good pinch of salt and pepper to dressing and mix well.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper.