I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen - a favorite blog for foodies. I love this recipe. I made it twice this week.
- Trim broccoli and cut it into small pieces.
- Toss the sliced broccoli with the almonds, cranberries and red onion in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients - buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, sugar and shallots ( or use finely chopped red onion in the dressing ).
- Add good pinch of salt and pepper to dressing and mix well.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Found this - made immediately as I had all the ingredients on hand - except buttermilk - so I used greek 0% fat yogurt 1st. I loved it! Can hardly wait for breakfast to eat more! YUMMO!
I also made this with a pre-packaged broccoli slaw, halving the recipe for a 12 oz package. The dressing was great and the cranberries a tasty addition