Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The ease of preparation makes this a keeper - great to prepare at the last minute.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 10 ounces broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and shallots in the bowl you'll be serving slaw inches
- Add good pinch of salt.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Let stand 5 to 20 minutes, as long as you can.
- Whisk in sesame oil, ginger and mustard.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add broccoli slaw and toasted almonds to bowl; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Very good, with a nice crunch! Tagged for My-3-Chefs 2013. Because I wanted less dressing, but with a more concentrated flavor, I made this recipe with 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, pinch salt, several grinds of black pepper, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon minced ginger root, 2 teaspoons minced green onion, 1 tablespoon (instead of 1 teaspoon) dijon mustard, 3/4 cup orange flavored dried cranberries, 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, and 12 ounces broccoli slaw, rough chopped for easier eating!
We loved this slaw,it was even good the next day thanks for sharing