Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Great Lake Effects... Buffalo Beyond Winter and Wings. It serves 30 and is great for large gathers and/or family reunions. If you need fewer servings simply scale it down to the servings required which is what I have done with excellent results. The ingredients in the recipe meld together beautifully for a fantastic flavor. My family and friends give this one a thumbs up.
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 5 lbs broccoli
- 1 cup red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy; drain.
- Separate the broccoli stems from the florets. Process the stems and onion in a food processor until shredded.
- Cut the florets into small pieces.
- Mix the florets, onion mixture, bacon and raisins in a bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Add to the broccoli mixture, stirring until mixed.
- Chill, covered, until serving time.
This looks amazingly good. I have made something similar, but with a whole pound of bacon. The raisins or craisins should add a lovely deliciousness. I am excited to try this one. I will be taking it to my next Mom's meeting.