Recipe by Melanie G.
Great as a salad or side dish. We enjoy this dish soon after it is made to keep it crunchy, but is still wonderful as a next day treat.
Top Review by pinkie
This was yummy! It would be 5 stars except I skipped a few ingredients. I skipped the almonds, sunflower seeds, ramen noodles and beef flavor packets. Instead, I added some toasted pine nuts and bacon bits. I followed the dressing exactly, using fresh squeezed orange juice. I will be making this often!
- 1 (16 ounce) bagmann's broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 green onion tops, chopped (chives)
- 1 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds (toasted, see directions)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles, uncooked and broken up (reserve flavor packets for dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast sliced almonds at 275 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Mix broccoli slaw, chives, sunflower seeds, toasted almonds and noodles from Ramen noodles (uncooked and broken into small pieces in a large bowl.
- Dressing : In a seprate small bowl - mix sugar, oil, vinegar, orange juice and beef flavor packets (from Ramen noodles) until sugar dissolves.
- Pour dressing mix over slaw mixture, stirring as you pour to get mixture evenly throughout.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.