Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
My brother gave me this recipe and we usually have for at least one holiday!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) box Velveeta Mexican cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- black pepper
- red pepper (be careful with red pepper you are using jalapeno velveeta cheese)
- seasoned bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cook Broccoli in microwave until barely tender, drain and set aside.
- In dutch oven saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until pink.
- Add cheese and soup and heat until melted.
- Add cooked rice and seasonings and mix well.
- Place cooked broccoli in 9x13 pan.
- Spread shrimp mixture on top of broccoli.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesean cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly browned on top.