Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
My brother gave me this recipe and we usually have for at least one holiday!
Make and share this Broccoli & Shrimp Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) box Velveeta Mexican cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- black pepper
- red pepper (be careful with red pepper you are using jalapeno velveeta cheese)
- seasoned bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cook Broccoli in microwave until barely tender, drain and set aside.
- In dutch oven saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until pink.
- Add cheese and soup and heat until melted.
- Add cooked rice and seasonings and mix well.
- Place cooked broccoli in 9x13 pan.
- Spread shrimp mixture on top of broccoli.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesean cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly browned on top.