1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
My brother gave me this recipe and we usually have for at least one holiday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) box Velveeta Mexican cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- black pepper
- red pepper (be careful with red pepper you are using jalapeno velveeta cheese)
- seasoned bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1Cook Broccoli in microwave until barely tender, drain and set aside.
- 2In dutch oven saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender.
- 3Add shrimp and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until pink.
- 4Add cheese and soup and heat until melted.
- 5Add cooked rice and seasonings and mix well.
- 6Place cooked broccoli in 9x13 pan.
- 7Spread shrimp mixture on top of broccoli.
- 8Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesean cheese.
- 9Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Shrimp Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 185.7 mg
- Sodium 1313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g