Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I know this sounds a little different, I thought so too when my friend had me over for breakfast. You won't be disappointed...my DH even loves them! I have also used egg beaters for a lighter touch. This is now my favorite way to eat eggs!
- Heat oil or water over medium heat in a frying pan (this tastes just as good without the oil, if using frozen broccoli you don't need as much water, spray the pan with cooking spray)
- In a small bowl beat eggs
- Add broccoli to the warm frying pan and cover for 2-3 min or until broccoli starts getting soft.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour eggs over broccoli, add S & P to taste and cook until eggs are fluffy and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- You don't want the broccoli too soft.
- Add cheese if you like and cover until melted.
- Serve with ketchup.
thanks for the recipe. I was looking for a late-night snack to clean out the fridge before I go out of town. Eggs and broccoli. Perfect! I had some leftover curry paste and coconut milk and I added a bit of each to make some yummy curry eggs and broccoli.
Yes, it is delicious - I used fresh broccoli and had it on the pan for about 1 minute before adding the eggs - The broccoli still had crunch. I used smoky Chipotle salsa as the topping instead of ketchup - I am a spice hound. This is a do again recipe for sure.
This is great for lunch and dinner too!! However, I like mine with a little punch so I serve with salsa instead of ketchup.