Recipe by Chef Bjorn
I needed a rice to go under those store-bought chicken Kievs my wife likes to cook - something that would make those poor tired things more interesting. This seemed to work.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute, over medium heat, the scallions, broccoli, basil, and garlic in the olive oil until the scallions start to turn clear and the broccoli starts to darken (couple of minutes).
- Add the white wine and continue heating for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, increase heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, turn off the heat, add the rice, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir to fluff the rice and serve.