Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From First 3/09/09. Updated 4/22/14: most reviewers enjoyed this with extra seasoning, so use however much suits you. I love the cheery photos you have posted, my fellow Food.com addicts!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Colorful, healthy and delicious! Like another reviewer, I increased the seasoning quite a bit (Salt Free Southwest Chipotle by Mrs Dash). I used half broth, half water for the first step.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon southwest seasoning (like Emeril's)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepot, bring 2 inches of water to a boil; add broccoli. Cover; cook for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Place peppers and tomatoes in colander, pour in cooked broccoli and hot water to drain.
- In skillet over high heat, cook garlic in olive oil 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and seasoning blend. Cook 2 minutes.
- Arrange on serving platter.