Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Received with our weekly fruit and veggie delivery from the Fruit Guys.
Make and share this Broccoli Sautéed in Wine and Garlic over Bulgur Wheat Pil recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bulgur, fine
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 lbs broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- Bulgur Pilaf: Sauté the onion in oil in a 2 quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat stirring occasionally until golden brown (5-7 minutes).
- Add bulgur to onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes,
- Stir in hot water, and remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, until bulgur is softened, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, and stir in almonds, salt and pepper.
- Serve with broccoli.
- Broccoli: In a 10 – 12” frying pan, heat the olive oil with garlic over medium-high heat until just sizzling.
- Add the broccoli and cool, tossing frequently and gradually adding the wine to keep the garlic from browning, until the stalks are tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the red pepper flakes and zest, toss well and serve immediately.