Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Received with our weekly fruit and veggie delivery from the Fruit Guys.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bulgur, fine
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 lbs broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- Bulgur Pilaf: Sauté the onion in oil in a 2 quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat stirring occasionally until golden brown (5-7 minutes).
- Add bulgur to onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes,
- Stir in hot water, and remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, until bulgur is softened, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, and stir in almonds, salt and pepper.
- Serve with broccoli.
- Broccoli: In a 10 – 12” frying pan, heat the olive oil with garlic over medium-high heat until just sizzling.
- Add the broccoli and cool, tossing frequently and gradually adding the wine to keep the garlic from browning, until the stalks are tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the red pepper flakes and zest, toss well and serve immediately.