Great weeknight supper. When you want to eat healthy and can't take another bite of chicken...this meal will really hit the spot! I found this in an issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking several years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices (I use Jennie-O brand)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 15 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1While pasta cooks, saute sausage, broccoli and onion in large skillet, 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 2Add tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Simmer, covered 10 minutes.
- 3Add pasta and heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Sausage Simmer
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 812.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 38.4 g