Recipe by JanuaryBride
Breakfast casserole recipe from Taste of Home, so you know it's good! Feel free to add some sliced, canned mushrooms or some sliced black olives for a change!
Top Review by seesko
This was great! Would have been even better if I could have used broccoli. I knew the kids wouldnt' eat it with the broccoli, but when i was telling hubby what i was making, he couldn't get passed the broccoli for breakfast idea. Having that said, we really enjoyed the Sausage Breakfast Bake. It was super easy ad super yummy. Served it with a side of fresh berries.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix (such as Bisquick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Add 1 inches of water and broccoli to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a greased 9-in. pie plate, layer the sausage, cheese and broccoli.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix. Pour over broccoli.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.