Recipe by Dib's
Here's a quick dish thats very tasty and filling-a great spring dish when broccoli is in!
Top Review by Eileen C.
Loved this! My only problem was that I sliced the sausage a little too thick, so my broccoli cooked, but the sausage was not. No biggie, just pulled out the broc. until sausage was done. Also totally forgot the cayenne pepper, which disappointed me until my husband said how glad he was that it wasn't overly spice. Quick, Easy and and excellent dinner. I used penne instead of the orecchiette and am thinking of using turkey sausage next time to cut fat and calories.
- 1 lb orecchiette (pasta ears) or 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add pasta.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium high heat and quickly cook the sausage.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, butter and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to medium high and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, reducing sauce.
- Drain pasta and pour into a serving bowl.
- Add the broccoli mixture and cheese, tossing well.